Tuesday, October 4, 2011

one of those days

Hey Peoples.

I don't have anything to say today.

Shocking, I know. I'm usually so chatty. That's because I'm supremely good at complaining. I should win an award or something. Preferably an award that involves a scholarship, broadway tickets, or ice cream.

I don't particularly feel like complaining today though. I feel OK (as in, not like I'm going to throw up). I had fun last night. I have a vase of basil on my counter. Basil is beautiful. It smells good. My wedding bouquet is going to be basil.

I don't have class until two today. And it's my only class. So I did dishes (my kitchen is clean! ish...). I read some Aristotle ("it is pleasure that moves us to do what is base, and pain that moves us to refrain from what is noble"). And ate raisin bread. That I baked.

Yum.

So today is a good, lazy day. The kind that does not encourage complete sentences, but fragments that drift in and out of consciousness.

My to-do list is long but not urgent. So I'm sitting at my kitchen table, smelling the basil, listening to people who have British accents sing. I may go read a book for fun (what book should i read for fun? thoughts?) or I might make something truly delicious for lunch.

Oh! The possibilities!

This is one of those posts I think about not posting, because, really, why? But I'm going to anyway. Because it's one of those days. Yay!

Man. Three exclamation points in three sentences... I'm going to be mad at me about that tomorrow. But not today. I wish you days like mine, my friends. Everyone should have them every so often.

2 comments:

  1. I need more of the days you speak of. I think we all do. That you had one gives me hope. I am dad (chad), not Cynthia though I do wish I could be more like her.

    ReplyDelete