Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things. Again. I Have Lots.

There's this one building on campus where people are always talking about the newest fantasy story they're writing. Or about whether or not '?!' is acceptable (general consensus--no, but we're probably going to use it anyway). They're talking about BBC TV shows. And The Last Airbender. And foreign films.

They're such nerds, guys. Really. Nerds. And the first time I really stopped and listened to them I thought, I've found my people!

Anyway, upstairs in this building there is a board where they ask questions and leave sticky notes, and you get to answer them. This week it was What Is Your New Years Resolution?

These were my favorites:

       Be less creepy.
               Get into Hogwarts.
          Floss everyday.
                       Live like an art project. 
   Be even more awesome (will be hard).
                 Find a cure for the zombie apocalypse. YOU OWE ME!
Steal a snowman.
                Crash a wedding.
       Overcome my depression. (Accompanied by scribbled, encouraging notes.)
Stop the apocalypse (get the salt!!!)
             Don't kill ANY moths.

Don't you kind of love people?

In case that didn't do it for you, try this. (He's a local photographer, and I love him. He makes them look interesting.)
                  
Ah! And this. (It's a New Yorker story. And it makes me laugh, really hard. There is swearing, as a heads up.)

And this. (I'm totally not crying.)

Hey, guys, how do you think you steal a snowman?
(From http://www.vintageseattle.org/2008/02/22/seattles-great-storm-of-1916/)

No comments:

Post a Comment